Expanding on the radical design found in the award-winning Aero 2 speaker, Aeromax 2 has been tuned to the max to become even better sounding than its predecessor. Available in beautiful, modern, gloss black and white lacquer finishes and with a more coherent and immersive sound, Aeromax 2 is innovative, stylish and ideal for those who want the best stereo performance.
The BMR drivers we use utilize patented ‘bending wave’ principles normally seen in advanced flat panel speakers combined with pistonic movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. By replacing the traditional tweeter with a BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver, the Aeromax 2 offers a radical difference in audio quality compared to its rivals. Using the BMR shifts the crossover point between tweeter and woofer away from the usual
3kHz, right at the middle of the human ear's most sensitive hearing range, to a less problematic 250Hz. The result is a more natural, immersive and coherent sound. As well as offering a more coherent sound at the top end, moving to a 250Hz crossover between BMR® and traditional drivers and subwoofers offers advantages at the bottom end too. Aeromax cone drivers and subwoofers are specifically designed to complement the BMR® drivers - producing cinematic, immersive sound with sumptuous and accurate bass.
Wide Sound Dispersion
- The 4th generation BMR® driver construction also delivers a more room-filling sound by using horizontal vibration modes for a much wider soundstage. This makes them ideal for modern homes and room layouts where speakers might not end up placed optimally for traditional stereo audio. You can place the Aeromax 2 wherever you want and still get great stereo and surround effects.
New BMR® Driver
- Aeromax 2 and Aeromax 6 both feature a brand new, 4th generation BMR® driver with exceptional high frequency extension to deliver a crisp and detailed top end.
- Aeromax uses ultra-high-grade crossover components to bring superb levels of detail and transparency.
New Speaker Terminals
- Aeromax 2 and 6 feature brands new, audiophile grade, gold plated speaker terminal posts for the ultimate performance.
High Grade Internal Cabling
- Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) internal cabling for the purest signal path from the audiophile grade, gold plated terminal posts to the crossover and drive units.
Superior Cabinet Bracing
- Extensively braced cabinets lock the drive units mechanically to the cabinet structure resulting in lower coloration and cleaner dynamics. This is especially important with Aeromax as the drivers are high-power subwoofers, so the more rigid the cabinet, the better.
Color White Gloss Depth (in.) 13.2 Width (in.) 8 Height (in.) 14.6 Sold as Pair Impedance 8 Ohms Compatible Sensitivity 90 dB Radiator Composition Balanced Radiator Size 2"