The ABT Trapdoor was designed for large-scale applications in which the screen must completely go undetected when not in use. This line of custom engineered retractable trapdoor screen models consist of the ABT-4 (3.25-inch roller tube) accommodating sizes up to 9' x 12' and ABT-6 (6-inch roller tube) for sizes up to 12' x 16'.
The ABT Trapdoor is available with variety of Stewart's front or rear projection materials. Our exclusive Tab-Guy™ tension system ensures a smooth and completely flat screen surface. Matte black over-scan borders* provide a perfectly masked image area.
Microperf X2 and Cinemaperf are available when acoustic transparency is required (acoustically transparent black drop also available upon request).
- Electronically controlled retractable screen and trapdoor system
- 4” diameter roller tube with sound-dampening insulated screen drive
- Housing consists of aluminum and fire retardant Sintra
- Factory adjustable drywall stops accommodate various ceiling mount configurations
- Tab-Guy tension system ensures smooth surface and eliminates edge curl
- Choose from a variety of Stewart’s front projection screen materials
- Black-drop/over-scan border above image*
- Matte-black over-scan borders on sides and bottom
- Recessed ceiling mount
- 3-position high voltage wall switch (HVS)
Custom Options: (Available By Factory Quotation)
- Custom sizes and aspect ratios
- Rear projection models
- Acoustic perforations on front projection models
- Custom housing colors
- Quiet motor technology and custom control options
* It is important to add only the amount of black drop needed. Side and bottom masking determined by the amount of black drop and image size.